A: Simply sun strikes the cells made of silicon a semiconductor and knocks electrons loose from their atoms, which flow through the material to produce electricity. This DC electricity is then inverted to AC electricity through the inverter.
2. Q. What are the advantages to solar power(PV)?
A: There are many advantages to installing solar photovoltaics at your home. The array that we install at your home will have very low maintenance, very low operating costs and is clean green energy. The system is also automatic and generates almost no noise and has no moving parts.
3. Q: Are there different types of panels?
A. We have installed many different types of arrays, including single crystal cells and thin film arrays.
4. Q: Can I use PV for backup power when the grid goes down?
A. No, not practically. The inverter shuts down when power is lost so that it doesn't back feed the grid. The PV arrays output fluctuates so much that you can't power anything. The only way to do it is by using the PV array to charge batteries so that there is a steady power supply to pull from. Batteries are very expensive and it is more cost effective to use a generator.
5. Q: What's the Warranty on the panels?
A: The panels will produce electricity for 30 or 40 years. The Warranty states that it will produce at least 80% of its rated power for 25 years.
6. Q: What is the Warranty on the Inverter?
A: Generally, 10 years.
7. Q: Is there a lot of paperwork with the rebates?
A: Yes. But we will help you with it.
8. Q: How much do the panels weigh?
A: 200-230 watt panels weigh about 45 pounds.
9. Q: What are the dimensions of a panel?
A: A 200-230 watt panel is +/- 36 - 40" wide and about 60-65" tall.
10. Q: How long does it take to get the State Rebate?
A: About 4 or 6 weeks after the Power Company sets the net meter for NH. Different states have different timetables for releasing rebates.
11. Q: Is there any upkeep for the solar panels?
A: Since there are no moving parts, solar panels have very little upkeep. To ensure optimal performance, we suggest occasionally cleaning your panels.
12. Q: What types of installations have you done?
A: Since every site has it's own challenges we tailor each system to maximize solar performance. We have implemented roof mount systems, ground mount systems, and pole mount systems.